Close

Thread: PC-Overlook

PC-Overlook

PC-Overlook
    "The Greenhouse"

This old facility was used by Phoenix to experiment on plant growth, as it is quite obvious they had intentions on bringing back extinct species of plants, just as they did with the dinosaurs (which may not have gone so well). They built a big dome with glass that could amplify sunlight for plants to feed, and dumped a few thousand gallons of water in a well about 100 feet below the ground of the Atrium. The plants surprisingly adapted and grew HUGE in size, some grasses in the dome being so large they can hide multiple Tyrants. Now, the mercenaries stumbled across this cliffside facility in search of supplies for the ongoing efforts of Operation: New Dawn. It wasn't slow knowledge to them that plants weren't the only organisms that had taken over this place. Dinosaurs thrive like a madhouse inside of the Atrium, but the mercenaries already have several buildings and places of cover. Their problem?

All of the supplies are inside the Atrium.

So yeah, I decided to create a map that would force humans to go headfirst into danger in order to get supplies. I may reimagine this one as a CTE map when that mode comes out. For the time being, it shall remain a TDM map.

This map is current a WIP. For the full imgur album, click here -> http://imgur.com/a/ChGNU

Total time taken: 3 days.

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

Banned
    Great idea, but i think you should add something outside of the atrium. It look empty. Good luck in workshop m8.

This looks really cool! Looking forward to play on it, if it get's released to workshop. Is that a possibility?
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    I'd be a bit concerned about the interior perhaps being a little too dense, can see human players getting frustrated easily in there. I really hope you used the foliage tool for the grass...

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    I'd be a bit concerned about the interior perhaps being a little too dense, can see human players getting frustrated easily in there. I really hope you used the foliage tool for the grass...
    Trust me, humans won't have to worry much about density. Not after the OPERATION: NEW LAWN feature I will create

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    Not as bad as the marsh map tho xD

Interior looks pretty sweet. I think you should post a few more screenshots so we can get an idea of the layout (and try and crop out the steam overlay + black bars from your final images!)
    PCE Level Diagrams - adding more each week!
    GTTC Variants for Classic Maps - let's give GTTC some more love!

Thread Information