Close
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The ArchoTek Project

Hey guys, some of you may have stumbled across the game or even the old thread before but we figured that it'd be better to make a whole new thread. I recommend checking the Facebook page for all the past updates, but I'll just repost some of the latest tidbits for you all:

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan
    Hey everyone!
    We're excited to finally show off the large, ferocious predator... The Tyrannosaurus rex! Keep in mind,the texture is still a work in progress and will be improved and details will be added, but it's a nice update nonetheless. Additionally, we gave the Parasaurolophus a new coat of paint in order to suit the new art style (as you can see from that little babby that is hiding away behind the bushes).
    Furthermore, you can see some of our new foliage assets and the art style that we will be going for in the game.
    We hope you enjoy, cheers.
    - Nathan, Just Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor
    Hey there!
    I just felt it'd be a good idea to let you know what I've been working on, so here's the summary. As most of you will likely recall the previous - and only - demo looked rather poor and the animations were jumpy.
    Since we now have a clear vision of the art-style I'm working hard on making the game look right, environmentally speaking. It's pretty tough, and so far I haven't been able to achieve good looks like the static scene we posted yesterday, but it's definitely heading in the right direction.
    I'm also reworking the entire animation system, it's a pain, but now dinosaurs have smooth transitions, and they can do other things while walking or idling. No more odd jumpy animations!

Enjoy a shot of the newly set-up Parasaurolophus herd in a test-environment!
    -V_R

Looking forward to keeping you guys up to date!
    Last edited by nanotyrano; 07-05-2016 at 11:24 PM.

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    Those are some awesome dinosaurs

well this was a change but the concept is unique

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Hello again! Some more pretty pictures for you guys.

Recently, we hit 500 likes on our facebook page and wanted to treat everyone to a screenshot taken live from a dev build featuring a new, work in progress AI system, which includes idling, eating, herding, and some more goodies that I've probably forgotten.

And to thicken up the foliage, Victor has designed a new tree to create a dense canopy.

I'd like to add that the rex seen in the images above has the older texture without details.

ceol,.,ljmhgVNMKJHVGHB

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

This should be on Steam Greenlight. I'd vote for it!
    Take a look at these fancy pages -> Steam / DeviantArt

I would Greenlight it too since I've been dying to playing some good ol' zoo-based tycoons with graphics that don't make people look like paper mache. The simpler aesthetic you're going for is pretty nice too.

Hey everybody!

We now have a donation button on Twitch! (Link)
    Some people asked us about this before, but we felt it unnecessary - we were planning a Kickstarter. We now dismissed the Kickstarter, so decided to just make a donation button!

If you'd like to be kind and spare a moment of your time, we now are accepting donations to go towards our Steam Greenlight pass and development funds. Please remember that we aren't asking you to donate, but the option is there for you if you wish!

- V_R (Sorry if this seems like begging, it's not meant to!)
    Donate here!

The art stile and concept is awesome! Good luck!
    http://dragcave.net/dragons Click my dragons for cookies .3.

I will definitely be waiting for this games release.

Dear ATP-fans,

We have some news for you - on one hand sad, but on the other hand intriguing. Having worked on this project for a few months now, going through multiple reconsiderations of the concept and having dedicated many resources to it, we have concluded that - at this point - the project is not viable or marketable.

ATP is a game focused on a small niche of the gaming market. Only very few people even understand the concept, and it's not something easy to explain. Usually people glimpse at a game, get an image and continue with their lives. That getting an image part didn't work for ATP. Everyone imagines a park builder when they read about ATP, which is something we're actually pretty far from, at heart.

Because of this, we are putting ATP on hold for the time being. We will be shifting our focus to a multiplayer survival game, since it has a bigger market and is easier to understand and work on both for us as team and for the fan-base.

We hope you understand, and as soon as we have any news about either The ArchoTek Project or our second project, we will let you know.

Thanks for the great time with the community,
    And hopefully we'll be back soon!
    - Victor, Maurizio, Nathan, Medena, Byron and Aleksa

TLDR; ATP is on hold for the time being as we shift our focus to a more viable and more marketable project. It's not dead, just not our focus.

Quote Originally Posted by V_Rex View Post
    Dear ATP-fans,

We have some news for you - on one hand sad, but on the other hand intriguing. Having worked on this project for a few months now, going through multiple reconsiderations of the concept and having dedicated many resources to it, we have concluded that - at this point - the project is not viable or marketable.

ATP is a game focused on a small niche of the gaming market. Only very few people even understand the concept, and it's not something easy to explain. Usually people glimpse at a game, get an image and continue with their lives. That getting an image part didn't work for ATP. Everyone imagines a park builder when they read about ATP, which is something we're actually pretty far from, at heart.

Because of this, we are putting ATP on hold for the time being. We will be shifting our focus to a multiplayer survival game, since it has a bigger market and is easier to understand and work on both for us as team and for the fan-base.

We hope you understand, and as soon as we have any news about either The ArchoTek Project or our second project, we will let you know.

Thanks for the great time with the community,
    And hopefully we'll be back soon!
    - Victor, Maurizio, Nathan, Medena, Byron and Aleksa

TLDR; ATP is on hold for the time being as we shift our focus to a more viable and more marketable project. It's not dead, just not our focus.
    Although I think the fact that it's based around dinosaurs alone almost guarantees people would buy it, I do agree that the basic concept itself probably is very niche and most people wouldn't initially understand or appreciate it. I personally love the concept your team had and thought it was very original and creative, but sadly (as is often the case) originality and creativity is very risky and may come at the cost of marketability. So good luck with your next project.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenFetus View Post
    Although I think the fact that it's based around dinosaurs alone almost guarantees people would buy it, I do agree that the basic concept itself probably is very niche and most people wouldn't initially understand or appreciate it. I personally love the concept your team had and thought it was very original and creative, but sadly (as is often the case) originality and creativity is very risky and may come at the cost of marketability. So good luck with your next project.
    So, that was a bit of a rash post. We should have been a bit more careful in wording etc. We're back on track, our artist is finishing the needed models and then leaving and then we'll continue work on the project as our artist goes on to work on the next project.

Hello again, everyone!

Apologies for the emptiness, but if you are on our Discord channel or Facebook page you may have noticed some new pictures and goodies to look at!
    Firstly, two months ago we were joined by Levia who has been treating us to some very beautiful skins that have greatly assisted in keeping a continuous and unique artstyle. Here's a look at all the things that I've forgotten to update you all on (from oldest to newest):

New Trike!

Victor accidentally broke the animation system:

Our Trike in some new, work in progress foliage:

A cool shot of the herd using our work in progress volumetric lighting (which may or may not be removed depending on our results)!

Some very cool things will be heading your way soon. Thanks for reading!
    If you'd like to join the Discord channel, please use this invite code: 0qCIndSy38LFfeFD

I like the stylization of this game. It's nice to see that not every developer is pushing for ultra realism. :3
    Screw the PC master race. You've all got sticks shoved so far up your rear-ends it's caused brain damage. Go jump off a cliff.

Thread Information