45. You may not vote on this poll
  • More accurate with the science

3 6.67%
  • Like now in the game

29 64.44%
  • It doesn't matter for me

13 28.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Spinosaurus: Like now or need to be remade?

I'm just wondering about see from first-hand about how the people want the Spino, like now or more accurate with the science

For that I did that poll, I want see from first-hand how people could like it. I wont critice the ideas, because all people are right to share its own idea

I know we just discussed this in Discord, but I would recommend you do include a couple more points here:

1. Provide links to an article that properly explains the recent research in palaeontology that leads us to believe spino was primarily a quadruped.
    2. Explain how spino's secondary attack would work in this new setup.

You'd also need to reconsider how the spino's center point will be affected by this change. Currently all dinosaurs are bipedal with their pivot point between the legs. The devs have refrained from introducing quads not just because of lack of animations, but because of the serious issues around having dinosaurs with long bodies, getting IK working to position the feet correctly on the ground, and so on.
    • PCE Level Diagrams - adding more each week!
    • GTTC Variants for Classic Maps - let's give GTTC some more love!

Fonts
    http://www.rtve.es/noticias/20140912.../1009940.shtml
    http://www.theatlantic.com/science/a...saurus/476286/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosaurus

And about the secondary it still being itself, because it can use its tail as body support. Giving the hands free for claw

Didn't they disable IK? From what I have seen, dinosaur feet don't really seem to follow ground at the moment. As for the Scientifically Correct Dinosaurs, there is plenty of incorrect things in PCE, this game was never meant to be accurate. I also prefer Spino as it is now, its much more fearsome and I always preferred this look.
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

Primal is not a simulator, so there is no need to remodel it just to be "accurate". Everything would need to be redone. Entire animations, collisions, skins, taunts, eating, netting, attacks, literally everything. There are more important things than that. Also, if they WOULD change the spino, everyone would want everything to change. Clearly, no from my side. That's the Primal Spino, and it should stay like that.
    People exist to save themselves.

Banned
    In way to realistic they should first remove stupid taunts like dancing raptor or waving rex... If devs relase marine creatures and maps, this model will be good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyslayernl View Post
    Didn't they disable IK? From what I have seen, dinosaur feet don't really seem to follow ground at the moment. As for the Scientifically Correct Dinosaurs, there is plenty of incorrect things in PCE, this game was never meant to be accurate. I also prefer Spino as it is now, its much more fearsome and I always preferred this look.
    Yeah, the IK is either disabled or strongly restricted compared to the original beta builds. But that's the point I was trying to make - IK is hard, and getting it wrong with a quadruped would be a disaster. You'd also need to tilt the entire model when it goes up or down a slope!
    • PCE Level Diagrams - adding more each week!
    • GTTC Variants for Classic Maps - let's give GTTC some more love!

Well, seeing as they STILL havent proven that it was indeed a quadroped since that particular specimen was a chimera based on several different specimens and even incorporating other spinosaurids like suchomimus... nah, its fine as it is right now. No need to change it until the other options have been investigated further.

I think Dinobear said it in a good way the last time something like this was posted. http://primalcarnageforums.com/showt...ed-Spinosaurus
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoBear View Post
    It would require a completely new class with new animations and every thing.

Now, before anyone starts spewing random bull♥♥♥♥:
    • The proportions seem to be legit, meaning that Spinosaurus did indeed have short legs. Scott Hartman has shown some disagreement in this regard, but has not yet posted an up to date blog about it. This. Is. Dated.
    • The sail might be wrong, depending on where one of the holotype's sail vertebra lays. It might be from the tail instead of the lower back, extending the sail past the hips.
    • Apart from the short legs, there is nothing to suggest that Spino was a quadruped. IIRC, all we have from its forelimbs is a very normal looking finger bone.
    • This is still going on, as evidenced by the mention of a future post from Scott Hartman
    Anyway, I still dont think theres enough evidence yet to determine wich one is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Operator View Post
    In way to realistic they should first remove stupid taunts like dancing raptor or waving rex... If devs relase marine creatures and maps, this model will be good alternative.
    Easy there sunshine, people may start to think that you try to be constructive instead of obnoxious.

In my opinion, we should get a new Spinosaurus, if (hopefully soon replacing this with when) so, we should introduce it as something different from the old one. Throwing out the old Spinosaurus would make many fans mad and waste tons of time, money and tears that went into the balance, animations and skins the current Spinosaurus has, whilst creating more work. Making it a new class, on the other hand, would result in the same amount of work, but without the factor of removing all the work that went into the old.
    Making it a new subclass, on the other hand, would not only lead to a new interesting dinosaur to hog (I mean play) as, but it could also allow new things other subclasses arenīt capable of, like, diving, underwater attacks, Stomping humans in the front and the back....
    However, if this subclass gets to show up.... probably wait a while. Spinosaurus right now is quite the mess, and there are already other subclasses in the making who already take a lot of time (I mean, look how long it took Acro to become an ingame subclass, and it already had a model and animations sitting around......). So, accurate Spino should come out when it is ready, if it comes out.
    Now, how would that accurate Spino affect gameplay?
    The old Spino would first probably have to be renamed to something like: "Spinosaurus" instead of Spinosaurus, with clarification that, unlike the other Spinosaurus, it wouldnīt be accurate. And thatīs pretty much all the change you need, imo. The Spinos would play different, so making the accurate one something like a skin of the innacurate one would be.... Neither rational nor profitable. So, the old "Spino" would get a changed introduction in the Dinosaur menu, thatīs all we really need.
    Now, how would the new Spinosaurus be different gameplay wise?
    Well, it would swim better, but be slow on land (then again, not that any tyrannts are any fast anyways). Given the lack of large bodies of water, that would right now not really be much helpfull, but hey, new maps (and docks in the future, maybe?) could include water suited for Spinosaur swimming. And if not, itīll have to stick to torpedo around the Island map and play the Jack in the box in Basictesting. Otherwise, it would have a bite attack. Probably with huge range, given that it would be quite slow. It would be a big target to hit, with itīs sail being so huge (fun fact, only because of that sail, it would still tower over T.rex, if that dinosaur would be in this game #Add AccuSpino and Accurex), so it would have quite some HP. Itīs roar.... I donīt know, throw a dart or something. Buffs attack speed or recharges other dinosaurs` roar, I donīt know. Itīs secondary could be something similar to Acro or Rex, hitting something over with itīs tail. Or it could turn 360° and knock people over in the process, that would maybe work too (and would look hilarious).
    Now, regardless if itīs a quad or a bi, I donīt think it should get Old Spinos clawswipe, seeing as how all tyrannt secondaries have been unique to the up to this point (then again, we only have three of them.....).
    All in all, I say: Yes, put the new Spino in, but no, donīt throw the old one out for it.

They are not redoing the Spino model in any way and there will not be an alternate version either. They already killed that idea a long time ago. The Spino is staying the way it is so no point in bringing it up.

It doesnt have to remade the model, In my pic i just posed it, just with a pair of changes in the rigbone (pose, not meshsing), Devs doesnt have to remodel it, just "pose it" or maybe they could add this pose as Crounch for Spino, i think :u

That thingie isnīt much more accurate than the thingie we already have, tbh.

Nothing in the damn game barring the Acro is even near accurate. Why waste money on some a remodel for something that would completely change gameplay and wouldn't be 100% accurate anyways?
    To keep (what remains of) your sanity when balancing, keep humans with the same base stats. Also upscale the smaller classes to match the upscaled humans. It will help.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoBear View Post
    Nothing in the damn game barring the Acro is even near accurate. Why waste money on some a remodel for something that would completely change gameplay and wouldn't be 100% accurate anyways?
    Donīt be so harsh, the grass seems quite okay to me, too....

or we can just give the spino a useless crouch so that you can feel the sweet relief o sort of relisum

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Thread Information