45. You may not vote on this poll
  • More accurate with the science

3 6.67%
  • Like now in the game

29 64.44%
  • It doesn't matter for me

13 28.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think the current spino is fine because nothing in primal carnage is or ever will be 100% realistic.
    R.I.P. David Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Chojnowski View Post
    I think the current spino is fine because nothing in primal carnage is or ever will be 100% realistic.
    With the debatable exceptions of the Acrocanthosaurus, juvenile Dilophosaurus (in terms of anatomy, not the venom), and maybe a little bit of the Carnotaurus.

Aside from those possible 3, no creature in this game is accurate in terms of anatomy, so there's no real reason to change the current Spinosaurus.

Not to mention it'd be a waste of time, money and resources.

EDIT: Damn, forgot the whole "100% realistic" as opposed to "partially realistic" memo. My apologies.
    Last edited by The Lost Time; 04-12-2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: My brain has diarrhea, sorry.
    Avid supporter of hybrid dinosaurs in PC:E.
    My short-faced bear, and Velociraptor auditions.

In the jurassic, watching this computer the humans gave me.
    Why are we debating about this again? A dev already said a long time ago that there's no way that the spino is going to be remade.

"Those dang T-rex wanna-be class players!"

Science aside I like this style of spino for this game...

1.) It's obvious the dinosaurs in this game were created by labs so they can look different than their actual scientific counterparts via genetic engineering

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."
    - JW Henry Wu

2.) There isn't a complete skeleton of a Spino so it's still pretty speculative.

3.) Scientists are always changing things about dinosaurs. Look at the first constructions of the trex skeleton...they are different than what we think they look like now. And that could change again.

4.) Redoing the spino would require a new, four legged model. We've already been told new dinos, thus new models are a long way out (if they ever happen), plus they've referenced issues with cresting four legged animals.

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    "4.) Redoing the spino would require a new, four legged model. We've already been told new dinos, thus new models are a long way out (if they ever happen), plus they've referenced issues with cresting four legged animals."

That'd be inaccurate too, since spino did not walk on four legs irl

Quote Originally Posted by Joker™ View Post
    "4.) Redoing the spino would require a new, four legged model. We've already been told new dinos, thus new models are a long way out (if they ever happen), plus they've referenced issues with cresting four legged animals."

That'd be inaccurate too, since spino did not walk on four legs irl
    Please see both points 2 and 3 in this regard. Last time I checked people think they walked on four legs, like some sort of huge prehistoric crocodile. If they're back to thinking it walks on two then whatever. XD case and point for 2 and 3

There is and was never any evidence to suggest Spinosaurus was quadrupedal, stop spreading blatantly false information. The only arm material we have of it is a perfectly normal finger bone, and considering all the anatomical changes to the arm and shoulder girdle that would have to occur for the animal to walk on all fours, it's incredibly unlikely it would ever walk on all fours.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

Philosoraptor
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoRaven View Post
    Please see both points 2 and 3 in this regard. Last time I checked people think they walked on four legs, like some sort of huge prehistoric crocodile. If they're back to thinking it walks on two then whatever. XD case and point for 2 and 3
    Some people think dinos didn't exist...Yeah we know how that goes.

Nobody thinks that spino walked on fours, but if they do, they should update to the latest science which says it walked on 2. Also, those people play too much ARK if they think spino walked on 4's.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker™ View Post
    Some people think dinos didn't exist...Yeah we know how that goes.

Nobody thinks that spino walked on fours, but if they do, they should update to the latest science which says it walked on 2. Also, those people play too much ARK if they think spino walked on 4's.
    I'd love to actually read some articles on the latest swap back to the return of the two legged version, if you have any. And sweet, regardless of the confusion I prefer old two legged spino

Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    There is and was never any evidence to suggest Spinosaurus was quadrupedal, stop spreading blatantly false information...
    Now now. No need to be rude. I watched a documentary portraying it as 4 legged, and have been presented with a lot of stuff saying it was (I have the two legged version in my comic and that sparked a fun little debate in regards to this topic in my comment section.). I prefer the two legged one, so I'm glad it's gone back to that. But there was a time when people thought it was four legged rather than two. If it's gone back then awesome.

Just because it was presented as quadrupedal does not mean that there was ever evidence it was quadrupedal. There was never a "return to two legs" because the quadrupedal "theory" isn't likely to begin with. It's not out of the question for it to be quadrupedal, but the chances are just so stupidly low it's about as likely as Nanotyrannus being a valid genus, if not less so.
    I want a strong independent tranq rifle that don't need no scope #AntiDolt

Quote Originally Posted by Flishster View Post
    Just because it was presented as quadrupedal does not mean that there was ever evidence it was quadrupedal. There was never a "return to two legs" because the quadrupedal "theory" isn't likely to begin with. It's not out of the question for it to be quadrupedal, but the chances are just so stupidly low it's about as likely as Nanotyrannus being a valid genus, if not less so.
    -shrug- well, then the things I looked at were wrong and made assumptions, my bad. Works in my favor anyway as I always liked the two legged version anyway.

Annabelles Nokill/Rp Server with da Raptors
    Actually Spino was probably Biped with a new Pelican pose suggested by Paleontologists.

Would the idea that human DNA could have been used to create more intelligent dinosaurs work? It could explain why they are slightly anthropomorphized in terms of personality and we could say that Spinosaurus had to have a bit more in order to make a successful living one that explains why this one in particular can be bipedal.

I thought a bit of science fiction could do the trick here.

Philosoraptor
    Some things just shouldn't be necroed

Thread Information