Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

McCree be like

Edit: and not only does that mean it's my b-day on high noon today, but also Overwatch free beta is over. +-

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerô View Post
    As a Pharah go really high and Boom Boom the enemies.
    I got Play of The Game as Pharah when I killed 4 enemies, they respawned because Mercy and I killed them again instantly.
    "JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABAAARGGH..."
    All I can say about Pharah. thehehe

My mains are Soldier 76 when defending and Reaper when attacking but when my team needs a healer I take Mercy. Feels like the Supporters are the ones no one likes... Tanks are cool and stuff but I really suck at them. As soon as you appear on the battlefield everyone wants to kill you and thats a bit too much pressure for me. I feel more comfortable in the second row or behind my enemies.
    Take a look at these fancy pages -> Steam / DeviantArt

Philosoraptor
    I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time
    I don't need it.
    I don't need it.
    I need it!

http://2static.fjcdn.com/hdgifs/Mist...04_5915119.mp4

Mistakes were made.

Edit: On second thought it does look a little staged...
    I mean why would she fire her self destruct where there's no one around?
    Last edited by Jaguraptor; 05-11-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    http://primalcarnageforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=142&dateline=14121672  36

Quote Originally Posted by Zillatamer
    Gimmie that sweet sweet battletag, you spikey ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
    "Thagomizer", they didn't have room for a "The ". Anyone else ITT who's gonna be playing Overwatch can feel free to add me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive
    On the topic of characters though,

Bastion is pretty easy to counter with a bunch of things. Reaper flanking him can kill him in a few seconds, as mentioned Genji can kill him as quick as he would kill you, Junkrat doesn't really need to be in his line of sight to kill him, etc. The main character I've been having a really pain in the ass trying to counter is Mei. The only thing that "works" is McCree flashbanging her and quickly trying to kill her before she can freeze you.
    Roadhog's hook pulls a Bastion out of Sentry mode, so you can ♥♥♥♥ on him with your scrapgun for like a 3-hit kill. Assuming you can get in range, this is a very effective way to counter a Bastion if you can't get behind him. Alternatively, Use Reinhardt's shield to get as close as you can before using a charge; pinning Bastion also pulls him out of sentry mode and makes it easy to finish him off. Mei and McCree can also stun Sentry Bastion just as they would a regular Bastion.

A good Mei is really hard to counter up close. If you can hook her with Roadhog and get a headshot with the scrapgun you can take her out very quickly. Alternatively, just kill her from range. A decent Pharah shouldn't be bothered by Mei, 76 should get the job done, and I'd bet Junkrat would be effective in this situation. Sure she'll wall you off and cryo herself back to full, but keep the pressure up and you can take her down. Also, snipers; she's a pretty slow target.

I'm a little late here, but yeah. This open beta was the tits among shooters for a short while, but I am hoping there will be more to do. I remember really old rumors about there being perhaps paid DLC of character campaigns, which would be good to get more insight to how each one works and where to use them, but I have my doubts. Nonetheless, it's good to practice with bots, and real people to practice with, but it would be great to have more character-ai to train with. Still, it was an impressive experience.

Anyway, class mains per class:

Soldier:76: He may get the title of noob class, but out of all the assaults, he's the most versatile I feel, and that bio field makes for a great support among allies. I'm not big on the assaults so far however, so there's not much to say. I was getting a feel for McCree though at the end.

Junkrat: What's not to like about this guy? His concussion mine is SO tool + damage useful it's ridiculous, and he's surprisingly mind-gamey with his traps. I once trapped a tracer, got on top of them, let them kill me, and death mines shredded her, for she was trapped. He's also real good at making it over those pesky Mei walls.

Winston: I have changed many games with this guy. His jumping in-and-out chaos for the enemy team is quite useful in a pinch, and his shield, despite the long cooldown, can be great for defending your team OR blocking a camping sniper or turret. Played right, this guy is a real nuisance. Other than that, I tend to perform best in all characters as Reinhardt.

Symmetra: Teleport is by far the best ultimate in a team-support sense. Other than that, defending on the last point, I typically go Zenyatta for the discord, since at that point, a tele isn't much. I could practice more of the supports though, and I almost as often as Sym go as Lucio on KotH.

I love all the characters though, and you can bet I will practice and love all of them when the game comes.

Also, feel free to add me, for I am TripleU#1706 on battlenet. Would love teammates (and that sweet xp bonus) in the future.

Edited" thanks Yolaak for the heads up on ID, havent used battlenet 'til OW got announced. :P

Hey guys, a little information about the Battlenet because I saw it a few times now. When sharing your Username you need to add your personal number behind your name. So an example:
    My number is #2273. You can't find me when searching for Yolaak, you need to search for Yolaak#2273 .

Else people will not be able to find you. That's all. =)
    Take a look at these fancy pages -> Steam / DeviantArt

Thanks for the tip Yolaak, I'm also new to Battlenet lol. So my thing is actually Thagomizer#11767.

Only 12 days left. That's not so bad, right? I can make it 12 days.

I should also mention that BattleNet does not let you friend/play with people outside of your region. Meaning, if you live in America, you can't friend request or play games with someone in Europe.

The remaining days are going to be tough for me. It honestly made me so much less enthusiastic about all my other games; none of them were nearly as much fun to play as Overwatch.

There were just no slow moments in 10+ hours of gameplay; for comparison, each time I try to go through the story for Arkham Knight, I get super bored with the batmobile stuff and stop playing, or in PC:E steamrolling people as a Tyrant, or with the slow combat in all my other games.

Though, blizzard did give me all the last WoW expansions, plus 7 days of game time free, so maybe I'll do that to level through WoD for the story. in all probability, I'll just get bored with combat and fetch quests, and stop playing.
    System Specs: Kick Ass

Philosoraptor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thagomizer View Post
    Only 12 days left. That's not so bad, right? I can make it 12 days.
    I wish I was as optimistic as you.

I shall make a Battle net account.

In case anyone else hasn't seen this amazing cinematic:

Blizzard has consistently delivered the best cinematics in gaming for all of their games. Really loving what they're doing with the game's characters in these.
    System Specs: Kick Ass

Omg eyegasm its so good ;O

I never knew they were brothers like holy ♥♥♥♥ that is awesome!

MADE BY THE EPIC GIGABYTER! (FORMERLY KNOWN AS REDTHING)

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive View Post
    1640 hours in TF2,
    For me, this is exactly why i don't want to play Overwatch. I played soo much TF2 so new TF2 with much better graphic and new characters doesn't make me want to play it.
    I see how well done this game is, and its good that game so close to TF2 gameplay comin out, cause lazy Gaben.....

Also TF2 took from my life so much hours because it has such awesome game mods as Prop Hunt, Slender Fortress and GOD BLESS AWESOME SAXTON HALE MODE! (Even if they not official)
    Also there was MvM wich i really like and got 2 australium guns(1 i sold, good bye Golden eye(())) But this made actually can be added to overwatch.
    Killin dinos all day.
    [[Yare yare daze. Keep signature images small! -Senoba, Admin]]

Philosoraptor
    Wow.
    "O dragon lord, why are you so distraught?"
    "Seeking power, I killed my brother, and without him I am lost."

Thread Information