Close
    Primal Carnage Team

Build 6856 Released

Hi all!

We're releasing a new build of Open Testing today. See below for the changelog.

Accessing the build
    Open Testing now has its own App ID on Steam! You can find "Primal Carnage Extinction Open Testing" in your games list.

Server
    We're running an official open testing server called "PCE Official Open Testing" in the US region. You can join the official open testing server by connecting to IP Address 192.223.31.152 or finding it in the server browser.

Changelog
    Added first pass of Progression System. Extinction Points are only awarded in competitive gamemodes.
    Added first pass of CTE, on Docks.
    Enabled auto-assign on teams and disabled team changes in competitive gamemodes.
    Added brand new scoring and assists system, rewarding more types of assists.
    -Base points is 100 for a kill. All other assists have been updated accordingly
    -Assists are a percentage of the damage you did to an enemy within a timeframe
    -Added Stunning and Tranquing dino assists
    -Added "killed capturer" assist for dinos who kill a player capturing a GTTC Objective
    -Removed the concept of individual "assists", and assist points are aggregated into the overall player score. Updated the scoreboard appropriately.
    -Added scoring to GTTC (250pts for a capture, 150pts for capturing a side-objective)

Fixed assists not being awarded to dead players
    Fixed visual indicators not working in the class selection if a class has reached its limits
    Reworked all weapon particle effects, adding more levels of detail
    In Survival mode, all upgraded weapons now emit blue light and unique particle effects.
    New screen effects for acid and blood splatter
    More intense smoke effect for Cryo spit pool
    Fixed the Double barrel shotgun, Spas-12, Tranq Rifle and Acro bite not using unique kill icons
    Fixed the Acro main menu scene not appearing

MAP CHANGES
    ForgottenOutpost:
    Blocked players from entering the smaller fallen logs, fixed a number of collision issues, added more health and ammo boxes, set up NPC brachiosaurs outside the rear fence again.

PC-TheFalls, GTTC-Falls:
    Tyrant / Carno collision overhaul, tweaks to lighting, fixed some objects disappearing too quickly at a distance

Contingency:
    Fixed some collision issues and floating objects, repositioned problematic resupply stations

RuthlessSnow:
    Removed some black grass

Docks:
    Fixed a spawn point that was too tight for Carnos, map now supports CTE mode

ForestChasm:
    Fixed some stuck spots, removed a way players could potentially escape the map

Transfer:
    Changed how the deadly acid pit works. Now uses the map's Kill-Z instead of a kill volume. Note: This is a global setting, so if you wander out of bounds you will be auto-killed if you reach a low enough elevation.

Visitor Center:
    Stopped players being able to hide inside one of the generators

SOUND CHANGES
    Restored extra variants of Tyrant roars
    Tweaked nearly all gunshots to make them feel more powerful, with increased distance reverberation and extra bass.
    New gunshot impact sound for bullets hitting enemies (splat!)
    New more distinctive sound for Cryo acid pool
    More audible impact sound for Dilo / Cryo spit
    Re-synchronized weapon reloads for guns upgraded in Survival
    Last edited by Wraiyth; 06-12-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Oooh, I like the scoring changes and hmmm, more bass to the guns, my poor neighbours :P
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

"Fixed the Double barrel shotgun..."
    Yes! They're finally going to nerf it!
    "...not using unique kill icons"
    Damnit.
    PCE Level Diagrams - adding more each week!
    GTTC Variants for Classic Maps - let's give GTTC some more love!

One question though, what exactly do you mean with Automatic Team Assignment, does that mean we no longer get to select a team at start of map ourselves? I kinda don't like that, you should still have freedom to choose a team if there is a spot on both, and only 1 team if the other team has more. If it works like that then it is fine.
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

Primal Carnage Team
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSlayerNL View Post
    One question though, what exactly do you mean with Automatic Team Assignment, does that mean we no longer get to select a team at start of map ourselves? I kinda don't like that, you should still have freedom to choose a team if there is a spot on both, and only 1 team if the other team has more. If it works like that then it is fine.
    Nop, it just auto-assigns you to the team with the least players.

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Going back to how the original game auto-assigned teams seemed the best way to prevent players being able to remain on dinosaurs all the time and give everyone a chance at being either side. Although these are the new defaults, I believe you can disable them if you want in server setup.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    Going back to how the original game auto-assigned teams seemed the best way to prevent players being able to remain on dinosaurs all the time and give everyone a chance at being either side. Although these are the new defaults, I believe you can disable them if you want in server setup.
    I am so grateful for this. It will surely make the experience more enjoyable!

MADE BY THE EPIC GIGABYTER! (FORMERLY KNOWN AS REDTHING)

Hatchling Accuracy Could Be Better's Avatar
    hint: almost always sunny but gas prices are outa wack
    post mortem assists, now i'll actually get points for charging into large groups and biting all the humans with my dilo :P

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    So it is possible to have Team Switching disabled but the Auto Assign disabled to?

Thread Information