Close

I just bought this game and I have a few questions

Hi everyone, I've finally bought this game after an endless wait (It's just released last week here in Italy) and finally i can say it is a very good game for all of us dinosaurs lovers. But I have a few questions after a couple of hours of playing.

- There's a way to play it single player against bots?
    - Will be ever included a 2 players split screen mode? It would be sooo cool
    - How to unlock other taunts?
    - I think there's some problems with buttons L2 and R2. I mean, if you press L2 (aim) and do something else (ex: run) while keeping L2 pressed, it doesn't works and you have to press L2 again when you stop (same thing with R2). Every other fps doesn't have this issue, it will be fixed?
    - There's a way to hide the pointer if you play dinosaur, but not if you play humans?

Thank you, this game really rocks! Cheers

And.. you know what would be great? Herbivores. Ankylos, Stegos and Triceratops. Maybe Carnivores vs Herbivores mode would be really nice.

Hey, I'd love to answer your questions but I don't have the PS4 version of the game so I can't unfortunately. But one of the devs for the PS4 version shows up every now and then to answer questions or make announcements about new stuff for the PS4 version.

About your first question, I'm pretty sure the PS4 version also has Survival Mode which is against bots and can be played on your own.
    "No matter what the future may bring, some things will never change! Like the courage and daring of true heroes!" RIP Bionicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartbrink1996 View Post
    Hey, I'd love to answer your questions but I don't have the PS4 version of the game so I can't unfortunately. But one of the devs for the PS4 version shows up every now and then to answer questions or make announcements about new stuff for the PS4 version.

About your first question, I'm pretty sure the PS4 version also has Survival Mode which is against bots and can be played on your own.
    Thank you! I didn't play Survival Mode yet, I'll try it later. Unfortunately modes don't have descritpions so it is not so easy for a newbie to understand what they are (What is Hunt Mode?) Thanks

I don't have the PS4 version of the game as well, but Survival Mode you can only play as a human against a swarm of dinosaur bots (and you need to survive each wave)
    Hunt mode I haven't played yet (been very busy and had no time to play) but I think it's a bunch of player humans against 1 player dinosaur? (a raptor that can turn invisible)
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

Alpha Novaraptor TyrantKing4Ever's Avatar
    Survival Mode is the only mode to play against bots...for now I think. I remember interviews from early 2015 saying that they've planned for offline multiplayer against bots. Don't know if or when that'll ever be in a future update (if it's still planned or still being worked on). Hadn't heard word about it in a long time.

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Making Survival mode was a lot harder than we anticipated, even to get it to the level it is currently was quite challenging. The main coders who worked on the AI left the team last year and we haven't really tackled it since. I'd personally be over the moon if we could add proper bots to all the modes, but I can't see it happening at this point. We just don't have the people or the time to devote to it.

Split-screen is something that Panic Button were considering during the PlayStation 4 port but I think they decided against it because of Unreal 3's poor performance. We were initially hoping to hit 1080p 60 on the console version, but only a few maps managed to come close to that and the game ended up being locked at 30 FPS instead on PS4. Split-screen requires you to render the whole scene multiple times, which isn't a good thing to attempt when the machine's struggling to render just one of them.

I believe more taunts will be coming to PS4 as DLC.

You can't perform other actions like firing or reloading while you are sprinting. Although this is also a balancing consideration, there is a technical issue to do with animation blending that prevents us changing this.

It's a lot harder to hit enemies as a dino without a defined center point, and it's fairly subtle compared to the human crosshairs, which is why it might have been enabled at all times. I do agree though that the option to toggle it off should work for both sides, so I'll bring it up. Changing things in the UI can be a bit of a headache though, so I can't guarantee it'll be sorted out.

Thanks for all the answers guys!

This game is so addictive! I'm playing for hours, and I'm not even into multiplayer games.

Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Losco View Post
    Thanks for all the answers guys!

This game is so addictive! I'm playing for hours, and I'm not even into multiplayer games.

Great.
    Glad to hear it!

(Thanks for the input, dinosauriac!)

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    You can't perform other actions like firing or reloading while you are sprinting. Although this is also a balancing consideration, there is a technical issue to do with animation blending that prevents us changing this.
    Nope, I've actually managed to do this. The trick is to hit the reload button first, then the sprint button. Not sure what happens on the third person animation, but everything's fine in first person.

Had to quickly figure this one out as I'm sure many others have, it's the difference between losing or winning a fight with a dino.

Thread Information