Close

Player Based Hosting Makes Game Unplayable

This sums up just about any and all games I haven't hosted. I could join the low ping free roam games, but I want to unlock things, and free roam doesn't allow me to do that.

What is the game plan for this? Because it's honestly really disappointing that player based hosting is used in this game, it creates issues like this.

From what ive seen it seems that a good chunk of the playbase is from europe and normally they are the ones hosting the tdm servers in the morning till afternoon (you can usually tell when the ping averages out around 130+ for everyone but this is mostly a guesstimate) though this can usually be avoided depending at what time you play.

On a sidenote, i feel the real issue with the ps4 version of PCE is free roam. While yes, its a problem on pc but i feel its a bigger issue on ps4 because atm at peak hours i see around 5-7 tdm server, 2-3 survival, 0-2 hunt servers (honestly not a big fan of it personally but its not bad, need to give it a proper playthrough before i decide i hate it or not lol) and OVER 20 FREE ROAM SERVERS. It says something when the "community" says the game is ruined cause they cant switch class on free roam

Quote Originally Posted by Zerno View Post
    From what ive seen it seems that a good chunk of the playbase is from europe and normally they are the ones hosting the tdm servers in the morning till afternoon (you can usually tell when the ping averages out around 130+ for everyone but this is mostly a guesstimate) though this can usually be avoided depending at what time you play.

On a sidenote, i feel the real issue with the ps4 version of PCE is free roam. While yes, its a problem on pc but i feel its a bigger issue on ps4 because atm at peak hours i see around 5-7 tdm server, 2-3 survival, 0-2 hunt servers (honestly not a big fan of it personally but its not bad, need to give it a proper playthrough before i decide i hate it or not lol) and OVER 20 FREE ROAM SERVERS. It says something when the "community" says the game is ruined cause they cant switch class on free roam
    Thank you for the feedback!

Player-hosted games on PS4 is the route the game needs to go on console, and allowing players to play across regions increases the available players and games, and lets those folks in different regions stay connected.

Joining games with lower ping counts will reduce the frustration a bit.

As far as changes to free roam, we needed to do that to address some other stability and griefing issues. While not as elegant as we would prefer, switching teams back and forth is the way to change classes in Free Roam.

If you live in an area with bad internet I suggest going on voice chat and asking people if they live in your country, that way you can add them as friends and play with them on your own hosted servers. Which is what I plan to do, and I'm in Northeast USA if you want to add my PSN of the same name.

Thread Information