Close

Exclamation [Developers] A new Character In Primal Carnage: The Veteran

So i didnt know about this but Primal Carnage has a new Character that i dream for "centuries", and they didnt use him. The question is why not?? I actually tried to do some concepts based on this idea because i think it would be more balance between humans and dinos. And here it is. The concept already made by Brad Whitlam. A concept artist that work in the first Primal Carnage. I think this character could bring more fun to the game and it would be the biggest nightmare for t-rex, as they are to humans.

Here are some Pictures:

http://payload305.cargocollective.co...-d7dbyun_o.jpg

http://payload305.cargocollective.co...anrender_o.jpg

I remember posting about this in an old Ask a Developer thread. Dinosauriac said there is no chance they would ever use that one. Think it had something to do with the model and concept being pre-original primal carnage old.

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    From what I remember of my tester days on Primal 1, the Veteran was specifically intended to be a hard counter to the Tyrants, which isn't a terrible idea but there are definitely concerns surrounding such a strong class. If you have the original game and look around hard enough you'll probably find the console command to enable the test Veteran class and see how far it got along (basically a modified commando pawn).

As to why it's not in-game... I don't even know if we still have that model, it was never properly animated so far as I'm aware. That's one of the key issues, honestly. Without any animators on staff for Extinction anymore it's unlikely we'll add new classes at all, let alone the veteran. We'd love to do it, but we don't have the resources or developers for the task, and it's hard to say if that will change in the future..

For sure. I understand. Thank you very much for reply

How to spawn it in orginal PC?

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

And if you don't have orginal PC files, who have it?

And why you prefer to make stupid taunts than new classes animations?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/215470/discussions/0/864978110227838720/ And it's true?

Dinosauriac answer pls

And what about old PC condignency? I saw screenshot with this map in PC1

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepesaurus Rex View Post
    And why you prefer to make stupid taunts than new classes animations?
    It's not a question of preference. "Stupid taunts" don't cost tens of thousands of dollars, nor do they take months to implement, unlike adding new classes would. "Stupid taunts" bring in a little extra money for us to continue development on more important areas such as fixing bugs, making more game modes or adding new features like the progression system. "Stupid taunts" were also actually requested by a good number of players. You'll notice we haven't added any more "stupid taunts" since the initial release, though. Aesthetic additions aren't really our focus now and haven't been for a number of months. Any new skins etc. will be made by the community going forward, we just implement them. The team's focus is now almost entirely on fixing bugs and improving existing features / balance.

Contingency is not available in the original game. There was a loose prototype that vaguely resembled it, which was being tested before Lukewarm closed up shop. We salvaged what we could and the skeleton of that map was recycled for use in Extinction, albeit heavily modified. The only way you'd have access to the (completely non-functional and unfinished) "PC1 version" of Contingency would be if you had access to the original Primal's beta branch. I've long since forgotten the password.

Lukewarm didn't exactly keep things neat and tidy with regards to organization. A lot of stuff went undocumented, everything from the names of the voice actors to locations of various assets were something of a mystery. The characters, environment props etc. were strewn about in no particular organized form between numerous hard drives, some of which didn't work. All this meant we had a hell of a time reconstructing everything when starting production on Extinction, with some items just being non functional or missing in action. With regards to the Veteran in particular, I don't know for certain whether we have it or not. The Primal assets are on the other side of the globe from me and were picked through by different people on the team. I don't remember anyone ever saying they found the source files for it.

Google can help you with spawning the Veteran class in PC1, although it's a very basic thing that looks pretty messed up. I do wish people would just search around more, though. I must have written this stuff a dozen times on here and the Steam forums, for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    -thoughts-
    Kind of a shame to hear that we probably won't be getting animations soon. At least we can look forward to balance and the Workshop to continue the legacy of the game.

(FLoFF) Floofie: I fear that person with my life

If you make good game you will get much money for future development. Now it's too late, so you add lots of ♥♥♥♥ty random cosmetics and other economy. And don't listen to community who want new economy, they will pay and play on roleplay anything you do with this game... THIS GAME IS MUCH BETTER THAN PC1, YES!

Thread Information