Close

Thread: Quills in SDK?

Quills in SDK?

Hi!

If this question has been answered somewhere, please direct me to the right place!

So I would like to add some quills on a Novaraptor, and I have managed to add feathers. But I can not find quills for some reason, is their file name different? Are they somewhere in the SDK? Can you add quills like feathers or is it more tricky? I really wish someone has tutorials on these.

A not so important question; does anyone use some sort of grouping in SDK, or do you just select both raptor and the quills/feathers and move?

Here:
    https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/...77&height=2000
    Credit to Rath for posting it on Discord

And if you can't find the quills, right click on CM_Predator_Mesh and click Fully Load.

Thank you, Jaml655 (and Rath)! I will be testing that out tomorrow!
    We really have to get some sort of collection of tutorials somewhere. I'll save that one for sure, if someone else ends up needing help with those.

Well, I bumped into a problem; I can not snap the quills to match the body, they are on different coordinates and won't match when moved around. I heard about socket snapping or something, is that the solution?

Also, has someone figured a way to texture the quills? I did not find a texture map for them BUT that may be because I simply did not notice them.

Link to the pic if the one above won't load: http://i.imgur.com/EUJLbEE.png

Quote Originally Posted by ShufflePlay View Post
    Also, has someone figured a way to texture the quills? I did not find a texture map for them BUT that may be because I simply did not notice them.
    Try disabling the grid snapping. You can do that by going to View > Drag Grid, and then uncheck Enable Drag Grid Snap. Tada! Now the spikes will be much easier to apply.

Thanks MathewMii, I can now align them, too bad I can't snap them straight on raptors, but that will do.

One question remains, how does one recolour the quills? I have not seen a texture map with the quills yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ShufflePlay View Post
    Thanks MathewMii, I can now align them, too bad I can't snap them straight on raptors, but that will do.

One question remains, how does one recolour the quills? I have not seen a texture map with the quills yet.
    You can find the material for the quills in the generic dinosaur package. After you copy it to your package, you can at the least change the color via color settings in the vector category when you open the material window. When you pick your matieral to copy, pick one that has a solid color that isn't black to white for the best results.

Okay, thanks a bunch! I shall tackle that tomorrow. I could try and create tutorials afterwards.

Thread Information