Close
    Primal Carnage Team

Open Testing Build 7013

Hi all!

We are releasing a new open testing build today. See below for the changelog

Open Testing Times
    Thanks to TheSlayerNL, we are trying to co-ordinate more regular times for Open Testing for more improvements. It's no secret that the team is reduced to only a few part-time developers and we don't have time to both develop the game and run testing sessions.
    If you are interested in helping test OT and join in, please read the sticky thread at the top of this forum, or click http://primalcarnageforums.com/showt...ng-Steam-Group!

Important setup note
    Before launching the OT build, you will need to update your Binaries/Win64/steam_appid.txt file to contain the following:
    You may not be able to join the server if you don't do this. Note that in future builds this won't be required - I just keep forgetting to fix it before I put out a build.

Test notes for this week
    With the network changes listed below, the main thing we're looking at testing are network related issues - whether hit detection is improved, whether you can consistently join a team at the start of a round, taunt-sliding etc.
    We'd also like some feedback on the updated spawning system introduced in the last OT build. Do you feel like your spawns are weighted away from enemies better, and more towards teammates? That is the main goal of the updated system.

Accessing the build
    Open Testing now has its own App ID on Steam! You can find "Primal Carnage Extinction Open Testing" in your games list.

Server
    We're running an official open testing server called "PCE Official Open Testing" in the US region. You can join the official open testing server by connecting to IP Address 192.223.31.152 or finding it in the server browser.

Loadout Information
    In this build we've REMOVED economy item replication over the network. This system is going to be re-written as its blown out to use a lot of network traffic, so in this build you will not see skins being applied.
    The purpose of this is to test and measure our current network traffic and have a look how many issues (ie team joining at the start of the game) are being caused by the network traffic saturation.

General Changes
    Added sounds to more idle animations
    Added auto-balance to GTTC mode
    Adjusted idle menu animation play rates for Acro, removed Spino look animation that moved way out of frame
    Re-added the Killed Restrainer assist bonus for pounced Raptors
    Made the left/right arrows on controller layout read "none" since they are unassigned currently
    Enabled dino head loss from melee attacks
    Added more conditions for when taunts cannot play
    Added tyrant breathing
    Made the first intro movie unskippable to allow game menu time to load (otherwise rapid clicking on the bink before the menu's loaded causes crashing)
    Reduced compression on menu theme music

Balance
    Acid pool now does damage in a circle as opposed to half circle
    Increased assault rifle grenade launcher damage and radius
    Made the Spinosaurus secondary attack cost stamina (and stopped it from healing you)
    Added a minor boost to human melee crit multiplier
    Conformed roar cooldown timer to 60 seconds for all Tyrants

Fixes
    Fix for weapons losing their skins after being upgraded in Survival mode
    Fixed up and re-jigged timers for the Carno charge and bite to help prevent the exploit.
    Fixed rockets not hurting Tyrants when hit in the head
    Fixed the Overdose achievement to be valid for all Tyrants not just T.Rex
    Fixed missing impact sound of landmine
    Prevented reloading during weapon switch
    Fixed the SPAS-12 and default shotgun reloading animations
    Disabled scope view when in menu
    Fixed the customization camera to work properly when player is dead / taking damage
    Fixed the Machete Icon in Character SelectScreen
    Fixed reticule vanishing when switching from dino to human if the dino didn't have one (needs testing)
    Inventory screen should now minimize when character select is requested
    Fixed missing customization items on the client
    Fixed assault rifle skins not showing up (second material channel was going unused, they were only being applied to the rocket shell)
    Fixed incorrect default taunt being specified for Commando loadout & handling of invalid equipment
    Fixed crash at end of match, where dismissing the Scoreboard allowed you to enter the Pause Menu then goto customization which would crash when rolling over to another round.
    Potential fix for players being able to die from overdosing in FreeRoam when No Damage or No Killing is enabled (needs testing)
    Potential fix for selecting an invalid class as your first class breaking class select (needs testing)
    Potential fix for dropped players turning their customizations off
    Disabled head loss from tranquillizer weapons
    Fixed hatchet not having a kill icon
    Fixed tranq rifle using wrong kill icon
    Fixed hatchet using the wrong weapon glyph in the class select

Map Fixes
    Fixed wall collision problem on UtilityBase
    Fixed customization actor position on PC-Docks
    Stopped humans being able to climb on top of pipe stack on PC-Docks
    Fixed broken health box on GTTC-Docks
    New customization location for AI-VisitorCenter
    Fixed collision issues on Contingency
    collision fixes for ForestChasm
    Fixed customization camera being obstructed on the Ruthless maps
    Fixed truck clipping into crates on PC-TheFalls
    Fixed some human camping spots on Transfer
    Mirrored recent changes from ForestChasm to ForestChasmSnow
    Removed black grass from GTTC-Downpour
    Got rid of the weird positional distortion on the waterfall mist, added LODs to it
    Added energy effects package
    Adjusted specular on certain signage
    Fixed unusable resupply crates on GTTC-Falls
    Removed sub-objective W and adjusted capture times with a little help from RestrainedRaptor (GTTC-Falls)
    Last edited by Wraiyth; 09-12-2016 at 05:21 AM.

Glad to help out! Can't wait to test these in OT and and verify that things are performing better.
    PCE Level Diagrams - adding more each week!
    GTTC Variants for Classic Maps - let's give GTTC some more love!

Why'd you buff the grenade launcher?
    check out my super cool YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...XBZaWykucR-4lw I post my map updates there

Conformed roar cooldown timer to 60 seconds for all Tyrants

Did you also Buff the Roar Effects to compensate for this increased cooldown? They were 30sec, Spino and Rex ones were okay, Acro's roar sucked and needs a buff.
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSlayerNL View Post
    Did you also Buff the Roar Effects to compensate for this increased cooldown?
    What do you mean *increased* cooldown? The shortest recharge time for a tyrant roar was a full minute before (Acro), the others were at 90+ seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtl3Man View Post
    Why'd you buff the grenade launcher?
    It's a grenade launcher. The thing should be a bit more effective than a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    What do you mean *increased* cooldown? The shortest recharge time for a tyrant roar was a full minute before (Acro), the others were at 90+ seconds..
    O oops, my bad, I always thought they were shorter, guess time flies by when having fun xD
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

Hatchling Accuracy Could Be Better's Avatar
    hint: almost always sunny but gas prices are outa wack
    What do you mean *increased* cooldown? The shortest recharge time for a tyrant roar was a full minute before (Acro), the others were at 90+ seconds.

It's a grenade launcher. The thing should be a bit more effective than a shotgun.
    it should be, but at the ranges the launcher is typically effective as is the shotgun is better, looking forward to see how the new splash and damage balences out

The fire rate of spas 12 is decreased why?
    check out my super cool YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...XBZaWykucR-4lw I post my map updates there

The fire rate of spas 12 is decreased why?
    Have you actually tried it out? The thing could fire so fast it didn't even complete its reload animation previously. Even with this modest reduction in fire rate it's still ridiculous.

I don't understand what fire rate has to do with the reload animation, assuming you're referring to the pump-action why not make spas 12 semi-auto? Of course re-animating is slightly time consuming but that'll solve the problem without throwing away the underlining factor that makes spas 12 a good weapon in video game sense (fire rate if you didn't catch that).

Ithat'll solve the problem without throwing away the underlining factor that makes spas 12 a good weapon
    Again, have you actually tried it out?

Again, have you actually tried it out?
    im not sure what you mean because the spas seemed pretty slow to me

invalid signiture space please refrain from saying goose otherwise the world might explode

Quote Originally Posted by robo-ve-tranic View Post
    im not sure what you mean because the spas seemed pretty slow to me
    He means to ask if he has actually PLAYED with the gun, before complaining about it being too slow, some people complain on notes alone without first trying it out ingame.

Thread Information