Close

Some little bugs and big issues I found while playing primal carnage.

Bugs

1. You can set your teammates on fire as a human
    I see this happening when you get killed as a pyro while using the flamesaw on a dino. I think it happens right as you die, the left over flames can catch your teammates giving them 5 damage. Major bug.
    2. The double barrel sometimes will only have 1 shot when you respawn
    This is when you die and respawn. This is annoying since you spawn next to dinos since spawns are very funky this bug can get you killed for not having the extra damage reloaded. Minor bug.
    3. Mines
    These things are highly being adjusted as I post this but still some may not know the situation. Your teammates may trigger the mine by simply walking on it, making it very annoying to use your utility and leave you defenseless from the back. MAJOR bug which needs fix.
    4. pteras
    They are perhaps the oldest major fix needed here all due to them still getting humans out of the map. Grab a human close to the ground you, your opponent, and mind will be shocked to go under the map sometimes this can kill you in the process. The ptera bug does not help humans have a fun experience since there is no way to escape and it might be the oldest bug in PCE today. Major bug.
    5. avatars not showing.
    It's stupid to see a tiny avatar shrinked 5 times smaller than the original picture perhaps goblins play PCE. The icon is zoomed out giving a weird visual on the sides I know some have noticed this but payed no attention to it. Minor bug.
    6. Buff icons not showing.
    When I used to be a pouncer, the buff icons when rex roars helped so I could think how I would attack. Now all we have is a glow that can be missed easily I would prefer if we could have those icons next to us return in a fix or patch. Minor bug.
    7. Impact grenades bounce you.
    These are viable if you are trolling your allies can create enemies when you push them to their suicides. Frags have still not been confirmed to do this yet only know the impact grenades can be used to abuse others. Minor bug.
    8. Nets won't go through humans
    Btw, if this was intentional, I'm fine with this then. But if there was an option to have nets go through and some new patch messed it up I would appreciate if you can fix this. It's annoying to have a teammate get in your way only to stop a net a raptor could have been killed with. Minor bug.
    9. Some roars like Rex cut off at the start of the sound.
    I don't think it happens to other tyrants and maybe just Tyrannosaurus. Sometimes my roar will cut off when i get to the loud whiny part of the roar. Very minor bug but annoying.

Issues

Commandos and their grenade
    And i ain't talking about the frags, we all have been hit with a grenade launcher while chasing a weak commando ready to die. These things are starting to concern me since there will be a patch buffing their damage and radius. While it is nice humans are getting fixes and strengths, this is easily exploitable. Damage wise, 400 sounds decent since you can combine the power of your assault rifle and a grenade launcher and your set to fight a militia... Spam these guys and you have little to no worries for rexes, but it's not the grenade launcher damage that bugs me. It's the distance... You are able to blast the grenade launcher anywhere. This creates "Suicidemandos." that just run away and shoot the ground where they stood two seconds ago. Some just flat out blow themselves up when you chase them and about to land that final hit. The fact that they are able to do this any distance is absurd, Dilos only work due to having range but still add some effort when fighting. Mando can be buffed by damage and radius with a drawback: they have a distance deciding how far the grenade launcher can go before it decides it can commence the explosion feature. If the grenade gets interrupted say by a raptor charging the soldier and the grenade is in the vicinity of the distance area, the missile just bounces off the animal and lands on the ground dealing damage but nowhere fatally hurting it. Adding a certain area where the grenade launcher cannot explode creates more timing when to fire and prevents "Suicidemandos." from coming back. I think this should be a very major thing to worry about, before it was the spas, now the double barrel. Commandos will be used and abused for easy cheap kills, however doing this can fix that abuse perhaps not everything about spamming but wouldn't hurt to try right???

Acros bite...
    Acro is a poor dinosaur that seems to never gotten it's needed buff. This bite range is of the worst disabilities any living being could possess. In fact, how in the world could an acro survive in the island with this deformation?. Enough joking, one thing many dino fans hate to have is the acro bite range which seriously needs to be looked at. At first I thought it's requiring a certain gimmick to make it unique, then I said "make in between both tyrants bite range" Why you ask?!? Add speed and somewhat better bite range and this thing is a walking hippo quickly snatching snipers and pathies into it's mouth. This has been discussed before, but it needs to be fixed this update or the next.

spawns.
    I need responses straight from this are the spawns pissing you off!?? I once had a friendly player spawn three times on me trying to pounce me... It seems the spawns are random and wherever you go someone pops out to attack you. Pteras always tend to spawn in high spots so there may be a system i am not watching. I notice specific classes like dilo spawn in other areas untouched even myself don't go here since these places many won't camp. I would prefer if you spawn more closely wherever your teammates are close to each other. I remember Halo had so many spawns all over the area when forge mode plays in, but I didn't ever spawn right next to enemies. Please tell me if I am only noticing this or I do make a point about these because this can make you win or lose. For humans, safety matters more so having some of them spawn right next to healing spots and a tyrant spots them will create rage and vice versa for dinosaurs. If one thing is certain I swear there is a vengeance spawn mechanic. Those dinosaurs I tend to shoot down almost feel to spawn very close to me as if the game gives them a redemption moment and they finish me off. IDK, I wish the devs respond to this.

Can't get a team at start of match.
    You can't chose a team at the start of a match sometimes first go to spectator then chose the team you desire now. Done playing humans? If you're not fast enough someone might take your moment and hog you because of this annoying issue that needs fixing. There also are times when the game decides already who you will be resulting in playing the same exact team twice in a game...

Spas ADS as a secondary???
    Am I missing something here?!? Try the spas accuracy and the aim is way off. Fire at a wall standing and crouching with this gun and then try the pump action huge difference. Adding ADS for the spas as a secondary would improve the aiming since it goes all over the place. The fastest shotgun in the game has the worst aim perhaps next to the stun gun. Both seem to hit enemies in the most unexpected angles. With this damage- distance ratio, adding aiming would not hurt the gun it would make viable between:
    pump- distance
    double barrel- damage
    spas- speed.

Sliding while healing.
    Everybody from both sides of the game will hate me for this, but this needs to change. You can slide while healing in health spots reducing the risk of getting killed. Many players do it and many can exploit this glitch. I know this was not intentional, so I decided to bring it up to prevent exploits like the pipes in DOCKS.

Pounce not registering.
    When this happens, raptors lose 1/4 of their own potential in the game. There will be moments when it fixes it self but in the meantime this can stall you from a kill you could have made very easily. Many would jump for joy hearing this, but pouncing is part of the game so if a fix one day comes let's hope it's quick.

Suicides.
    We return to commandos and pyro blowing themselves up. Now when a character is killed accidentally they won't give you a kill, but instead points. Make this so is anyone I don't care how they die but you dealt damage to them you should get the kill and make them get a warning to get kicked if it happens. Now, say 5 raptors attack a human, he jumps off, those 5 raptors get kills and would create a mess. This can be solved for those getting the points and the one who dealt the damage the most gets the legit 100 points his buddies gain a share for their help.

I am not writing for tupa/carno since they are being discussed and worked on.

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    I'll try to address most of your points here, many of these have been brought up previously and are known issues. Thankyou for bringing to our attention several minor unreported bugs though, I've added them to the internal Trello boards to hopefully get looked at.

The problem with pteras going under the map is one of the hardest bugs we could try to fix, as you say it's been in from Day 1 and has still not yet been resolved because it's THAT complex of a challenge. Considering we have only one engineer on staff, we would have to bring in outside support to even begin to fix this and that's just not going to happen. The only hacky half-way solution I can think of would be raising the map Kill-Z on levels where there aren't major changes in elevation, so that anyone who goes beneath the landscape is instantly killed.

For the SPAZ, the tradeoff was intended to be you fire much faster but your accuracy is heavily reduced. If the spread was the same as the normal shotgun it might be too overpowered. I can try increasing the accuracy slightly but there needs to be some downside to using a heavy weapon that's so rapid-fire.

Pounce issues and team select problems are most likely related to network infrastructure / backend inefficiencies that are being worked on currently. The optimizations coming soon (hopefully) should mitigate these somewhat.

Likewise, the spawn system rework is something that is still an ongoing process with some (major) kinks left to iron out. Ideally once it's working humans will spawn closer to humans and away from dinosaurs. The issue right now is it disregards class restrictions, picking from any spawn point in the map.

There's a bug in OT where the commando launcher currently does double the damage it's supposed to (800 instead of 400) which will need to be fixed. The suicide commandos problem is a non-issue I think, considering that if a player suicides three times they'll be kicked. Removing the explosion timer on them so that you can pull off long shots was a much welcomed move that I don't want to revert, and we can't go back to the crazy bouncy grenades from the first game for technical reasons.

The Acro is naturally handicapped by having a narrow head, even moreso than the Spino. This means that we can't really increase the bite range much without making it have a "magnet mouth" effect. I recently adjusted the position of the Acro's bite sockets to try and help with this, not sure if anyone in OT has felt it's easier to use or not. They were small tweaks because putting the bite markers too far forward had the jaws acting like a vacuum cleaner and tweaking this stuff can lead to animation problems.

One thing that puzzles me is the buff icon problem you mentioned. I've not seen anyone report this nor experienced it myself. You should get a colour overlayed on your dinosaur when buffed and see the icon in the bottom left. If this isn't happening, it might be down to your graphics settings, try changing your screen resolution to see if the status icons show up.
    Last edited by dinosauriac; 09-24-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    The suicide commandos problem is a non-issue I think, considering that if a player suicides three times they'll be kicked.
    This isn't exactly true, if you take someone with you it still counts as a kill and the suicide kick warning will not take any effect. If you kill inbetween suicides it will also reset the suicide kick counter. Suicide commando's will only be kicked if all they kill, is themselves, if anything gets killed with them they are safe.
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

Quote Originally Posted by TheSlayerNL View Post
    Suicide commando's will only be kicked if all they kill, is themselves, if anything gets killed with them they are safe.
    That seems to defeat the whole purpose of the suicide kick system. What the hell.

About buff icons, there was a timer/meter that was right of both the health and stamina bar. Before there was a claw mark, shield, and cross depending on the buff you recieved. It got removed after some updates and no one noticed, I loved those things as the color on your skin can sometimes be missed. Slayer is saying the truth, hate to admit it but I do kill myself on accident as a pryo fighting raptors. And yet many times I have blown myself up 4-6 times I questioned if the suicide system even worked... About the acro, the only suggestion I pointed out was due to the absolute horror of biting. Maybe your method may fit better only because acro is extremely fast for a tyrant. During this open testing, the double barrel did so much damage. Maybe the range got reduced which is needed and what is needed now would be a max damage of 500 only. 900 or any higher is just too much and I worry this will be just the most spammed weapon for pathy. last session it seemed more balanced yet now the damage scared me and seems like it's unchanged. I like the new sound for the assault I noticed that
    P.S. you can bounce with mollies (sry slayer)

Quote Originally Posted by food please1 View Post
    About buff icons, there was a timer/meter that was right of both the health and stamina bar. Before there was a claw mark, shield, and cross depending on the buff you recieved. It got removed after some updates and no one noticed
    Looks like it's still there to me...
    http://i.imgur.com/Sz82aFo.jpg

?

http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...3A26E3D9517F2/ Just played a match and yeah, I don't see it.Also I recieved a rex buff then roared to see if i have frenzy icon and neither.

Quote Originally Posted by food please1 View Post
    Just played a match and yeah, I don't see it.Also I recieved a rex buff then roared to see if i have frenzy icon and neither.
    Could you try running in a 16:9 resolution like 1280x720 or 1920x1080? I have a sneaking suspicion the buff might be positioned outside of the frame.

That seems to defeat the whole purpose of the suicide kick system. What the hell.
    It is true though, if I accidentally blow myself and someone else up I get no warning. There seem to be various occasions where any form of blowing yourself up doesn't count properly as suicide. There just seem so many explosive related issues that I wouldn't be surprised that the losing of team and stuff are related to not count as suicide.
    You Ain't Much If You Ain't Dutch! Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/allyslayernl If you wish to add me to Steam: theslayernl

I think you should check those other resolutions, you were on target the other ones don't show the buff icon this does 1820 720

Hatchling Accuracy Could Be Better's Avatar
    hint: almost always sunny but gas prices are outa wack
    Could you try running in a 16:9 resolution like 1280x720 or 1920x1080? I have a sneaking suspicion the buff might be positioned outside of the frame.
    I actually also have not seen the buff/debuff timer at all, and i do believe it is a resolution problem as i do play on a lower resolution, honestly i would have brought it up during the testing yesterday if i had known that buff timers were supposed to be there :P

Thread Information