Close

Vehicles and maps

I was wondering, will vehicles such as motorcycles and trucks be added to the PS4 similarly to the pc?
    And if so, how might these be implemented in the game? Scattered about? At garages?
    Will they do damage similar to a carnos charge upon impact of an unsuspecting dinosaur? (Heh, will they crush dilos? Even compys if they're added?)

And I was also thinking about the Island map on Pc for primal, will this map be added to the PS4? In a nearby update? Or is it still being edited?
    And the new game mode, where the humans must collect specimens to continue research, is that a Pc only aspect or will t be added to the PS4 as well?
    Thank you for reading and potentially responding.

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Careberry View Post
    I was wondering, will vehicles such as motorcycles and trucks be added to the PS4 similarly to the pc?
    They aren't officially added on PC either, just like Dino vs. Dino is not really a thing. Players have just found ways to access early development experiments in the game files, these features do not work fully and are not supported, nor are they ever likely to be.

Personally I feel that free roam mode is something that shouldn't really be in the PS4 version, I don't know if it's still there or not since it's been so long since I tried it. There's performance concerns relating to maps made only for that mode, since places like Valley are so huge and dense, plus those maps weren't really given a tonne of attention with regards to gameplay either. They're more feature tests than proper playable levels, although we do maintain them since there's a small but dedicated community of people that likes them regardless. The island map in particular (which again, is freeroam exclusive) would probably not work well on console considering it uses pretty much fully dynamic lighting for its day/night cycle, and we're forced by technical constraints to use static lighting on the PS4 side.

I can't really speak to what Panic Button have planned for the console edition, we operate semi-independently from each other. There's been significant changes on the PC version of course, with many more coming this month, so any new update there would require testing all of those alterations as they are merged in to the PS4 branch (which might take awhile). I think Capture The Egg should be portable, larger things like the ranking system I'm not so sure on. Panic Button have some world class engineers though, so they're likely up to the challenge if they feel it's something that suits the PS4 release.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosauriac View Post
    \They're more feature tests than proper playable levels, although we do maintain them since there's a small but dedicated community of people that likes them regardless.
    Oh yeah you bet. More like it's where most of the people who buy your DLC go to show them off. The very same day the Ian Malcom Commando pose was released these people were already in Free Roam with it. Free Roam is where I see the most DLC content more than any other game mode.

In fact if I were you, any possible sequels to this game would expand upon this aspect of the game.

Primal Carnage Team dinosauriac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_yoshi View Post
    In fact if I were you, any possible sequels to this game would expand upon this aspect of the game.
    Not that I know about any sequels, but I don't think we'd ever go open world simulation or focus fully on freeroam. It's just not something that really interests us, and there are other games like The Isle or Saurian that will be filling that niche, we're more action-oriented.

Thread Information