Close

Do you think Millennials are childish?

Just a random topic that came up to my mind, do you think Millennials are not up to standards with a "mature" society? Do you think Technology has affected them to the extent of being incapable of leading the world of tomorrow?

Your thoughts?
    Signatures may only be 750x160

That's a really random thing to post here xD

But I don't know, there is always gonna be different kind of people being raised in different kind of ways, doesn't matter what generation they are from.
    From what I know Millennials are people born around 1980-(early)2000s

And using myself as an example (since I guess I'm a millennial from being born in 93) I'm definitely having issues being 'mature' but it's not because of technology itself but because of the situation I had at home while growing up and how I was raised by my parents. I have some personal issues that I need help with to become independent (and also the fact I'm extremily an introvert so it doesn't help).
    But then I see other people that I went to school with (who are around my age) who are completely different than me who already are more 'mature' than me.

I think overall its not technology's fault, but the parent's fault and how they raise and discipline their children with it.
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

Quote Originally Posted by Carolzilla View Post
    That's a really random thing to post here xD

But I don't know, there is always gonna be different kind of people being raised in different kind of ways, doesn't matter what generation they are from.
    From what I know Millennials are people born around 1980-(early)2000s

And using myself as an example (since I guess I'm a millennial from being born in 93) I'm definitely having issues being 'mature' but it's not because of technology itself but because of the situation I had at home while growing up and how I was raised by my parents. I have some personal issues that I need help with to become independent (and also the fact I'm extremily an introvert so it doesn't help).
    But then I see other people that I went to school with (who are around my age) who are completely different than me who already are more 'mature' than me.

I think overall its not technology's fault, but the parent's fault and how they raise and discipline their children with it.

I think you are correct and despite also being a "Millennial" (1999) , I have to agree to the extent that external factors such as Parenting and probably Social infrastructure can directly and indirectly affect the maturity of Millennials.

But another side of the story is, Will Maturity and responsibility of Political situations, economic, and scientific situations be the same for Millennials such as those who are currently handling those 3 backbones of Society?

I personally wound't want to see a Millennial being President of The United States and turns out having a history of immaturity on Xbox live? Lol don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrannobeast View Post
    I think you are correct and despite also being a "Millennial" (1999) , I have to agree to the extent that external factors such as Parenting and probably Social infrastructure can directly and indirectly affect the maturity of Millennials.

But another side of the story is, Will Maturity and responsibility of Political situations, economic, and scientific situations be the same for Millennials such as those who are currently handling those 3 backbones of Society?

I personally wound't want to see a Millennial being President of The United States and turns out having a history of immaturity on Xbox live? Lol don't you think?
    That's true, but at the same time there are people who are not millennials and did horrible/immature things when they were younger.
    Like I said, there's always different kind of people but unfortunately it's much easier to see the bad ones now.

With the internet is much easier to get all that information, and because you can be easily 'anonymous' many people end up showing their ugly side though it is not exclusive to young people/millennials, you can see posts of older folk sharing their 'opinions' and acting just as much immature.

And about a Millennial President that ends up having a history of being immature on Xbox live, it will also highly depend if they changed since then, everybody changes in a way or another and that will show if that person turned out better or worse (but at the sime time, things you did in the past can be highly used against you, especially in politics)

But I'm mostly rambling, humans are very complicated and for me it's hard to make all of them fit into certain groups 100%
    Avatar animation taken from here: http://fav.me/da3wron

I dunno but I'm still stuck with the sense that despite turning 17 real soon, I feel like as if I'm still a baby boo boo who gets food spoon filled and a spoiled Education with no realistic input of life whatsoever lol XD and looking at how the leaders of tomorrow's world might be the same person who might have played Subway Surfers the other day just gets my mind thinking how would they handle real life threatening situations in Politics or in any other very cruel area of specialization.

There are people who do far worse than playing apps on their Smartphone, but never mind about that :P

Stereotyping a group of people based on generation is just as stupid as stereotyping based on race or gender. Millennials are moving into their 30s, and yet, the world is still functioning.

...as for playing video games, it's far better for your brain than sitting and watching tv, which is what previous generations did with their spare time.

Thread Information